Humania هيـــومـــانيـــا
تسجيل الدخول
تسجيل الدخول
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Make a difference as a human, show what you got and amaze yourself and everyone!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
منتديات هيــومــانـيــــا "الهوس بالإنسانية" ترحب بكم وتدعوكم للرقي معنا بالإنسان .. أهلا وسهلا
Humania "human mania" forum welcomes and invites you to promote humanity with us .. Welcome aboard
مقدمة تشرح فكرة وأهداف منتديات هيومانيا في موضوع بقسم الاقتراحات .. تفضلوا بالتعرف إلينا
An introduction to humania, it's idea and goals are in a topic in the suggestions forum ... Feel free to get to know us
انضم معنا إلى أصدقاء هيومانيا على الفيس بوك
Latest topics
» دردشة 4
Accepting Religious Diversity I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 11:45 pm by ام اري

» هلا بالغالي
Accepting Religious Diversity I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 10:33 pm by ام اري

» لا تتسرع و اقلب الصفحة
Accepting Religious Diversity I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 7:16 am by ام اري

» ترحيب ......
Accepting Religious Diversity I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 8:44 pm by ام اري

» كوارث 2011
Accepting Religious Diversity I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 7:21 am by ام اري

»  زرعنا في تراب الحلم ... حلم ويشبه العصفور
Accepting Religious Diversity I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 7:17 am by ام اري

» اللي بعيد عن العين بعيد عن القلب
Accepting Religious Diversity I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 7:01 am by ام اري

» عشـــــــــــــــــــــــــر أوراق متساقطة
Accepting Religious Diversity I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 7:00 am by ام اري

» عيـــ مبــارك ــــــــــكم
Accepting Religious Diversity I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 6:57 am by ام اري

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Accepting Religious Diversity

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
دمعة قمر

دمعة قمر

Accepting Religious Diversity Empty
PostSubject: Accepting Religious Diversity   Accepting Religious Diversity I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 4:59 am

Accepting Religious Diversity 3173

In our small world, each one of us can be in contact with different cultures every hour of the day. A large part of culture is religion, and we are lucky enough to be able to explore the rich religious diversity in the world. In the UK alone the 2001 Census identified over 170 religions present. For some people accepting this religious diversity can be tough, but living in a world full of intolerance will be even tougher. Following these tips toward accepting religious diversity should make it a better, brighter world for everyone

Know the Facts

A lot of people have trouble accepting religious diversity because they don't know the facts. Rumours abound about every religion, and because religions are based on faith rather than cold, hard proof these rumours can easily distort the actual beliefs. In order to accept religious diversity in our world it is important that we all come to understand the basic tenets of each faith. For more information on particular religions, borrow books from your local library, speak with local religious leaders and explore the Internet for official websites. Don't let ignorance fool you.

Cultivate Diverse Relationships

Sometimes the simplest way to accept religious diversity is to accept friends from a variety of religious backgrounds. Putting a human face on an abstract religion can help you become comfortable with those beliefs and practices. If you have friends that practice other faiths, chances are high that you can observe their lifestyles and more fully explore their religions.

Condemn Discrimination

Unfortunately, religious discrimination is still alive and well in the world. For all of us to truly benefit from religious diversity, we need to remain militant about condemning this type of discrimination. If someone tells a discriminatory joke in your presence, makes a prejudiced statement, tries to persuade you to believe stereotypical images or otherwise acts inappropriately, have the courage to tell them they are wrong. Don't feel that you need to fight every battle you encounter, but don't repress your instincts either. Draw on the facts you have learned and the relationships you have invested in and you will know that you are correct.

Accepting religious diversity takes courage if you have never explored other religions, particularly if you have previously accepted distorted views on the subject. Learning as much as you can about other religions, and getting to know members of these faiths, will go a long way towards better understanding and accepting religious diversity. When you feel comfortable, transmitting this new knowledge to others close to you will also help spread the tolerance. Good luck!

Back to top Go down
Marvy

Marvy

PostSubject: Re: Accepting Religious Diversity   Accepting Religious Diversity I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 1:10 pm

Many thanx for the Valuable Topic

Hope everyone will able to live in Harmony , someday

Have a Super Sweet Morning
NOOR
Back to top Go down
دمعة قمر

دمعة قمر

PostSubject: Re: Accepting Religious Diversity   Accepting Religious Diversity I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 9:46 pm

Marvy wrote:
Many thanx for the Valuable Topic

Hope everyone will able to live in Harmony , someday

Have a Super Sweet Morning
NOOR

Your prayers and mine
Amen
Thank you dear
Back to top Go down
Stella

Stella

PostSubject: Re: Accepting Religious Diversity   Accepting Religious Diversity I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 11:44 pm

Thanks Dam3a..
I hope people will start
to understand others views.

Ledol afro
Back to top Go down
دمعة قمر

دمعة قمر

PostSubject: Re: Accepting Religious Diversity   Accepting Religious Diversity I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 2:04 am

Ledol wrote:

Thanks Dam3a..
I hope people will start
to understand others views.

Ledol afro

Well we need to spread the awareness for them to understand those views.
We are up against a history of deep buried negative feelings to say the least ..
thanx Ledol
Back to top Go down
Sinbad 88

Sinbad 88

PostSubject: Re: Accepting Religious Diversity   Accepting Religious Diversity I_icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 6:49 pm

شكرا على الموضوع

مع تحيات
Sinbad
Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Humania هيـــومـــانيـــا :: Education & Leisure .. التعليم و اوقات الفراغ :: Teenage issues .. أمور مراهقة-
Jump to: