Humania هيـــومـــانيـــا
تسجيل الدخول
تسجيل الدخول
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Make a difference as a human, show what you got and amaze yourself and everyone!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
منتديات هيــومــانـيــــا "الهوس بالإنسانية" ترحب بكم وتدعوكم للرقي معنا بالإنسان .. أهلا وسهلا
Humania "human mania" forum welcomes and invites you to promote humanity with us .. Welcome aboard
مقدمة تشرح فكرة وأهداف منتديات هيومانيا في موضوع بقسم الاقتراحات .. تفضلوا بالتعرف إلينا
An introduction to humania, it's idea and goals are in a topic in the suggestions forum ... Feel free to get to know us
انضم معنا إلى أصدقاء هيومانيا على الفيس بوك
Latest topics
» دردشة 4
Making Beautiful Mosaic Flower Pots I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 11:45 pm by ام اري

» هلا بالغالي
Making Beautiful Mosaic Flower Pots I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 10:33 pm by ام اري

» لا تتسرع و اقلب الصفحة
Making Beautiful Mosaic Flower Pots I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 7:16 am by ام اري

» ترحيب ......
Making Beautiful Mosaic Flower Pots I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 8:44 pm by ام اري

» كوارث 2011
Making Beautiful Mosaic Flower Pots I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 7:21 am by ام اري

»  زرعنا في تراب الحلم ... حلم ويشبه العصفور
Making Beautiful Mosaic Flower Pots I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 7:17 am by ام اري

» اللي بعيد عن العين بعيد عن القلب
Making Beautiful Mosaic Flower Pots I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 7:01 am by ام اري

» عشـــــــــــــــــــــــــر أوراق متساقطة
Making Beautiful Mosaic Flower Pots I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 7:00 am by ام اري

» عيـــ مبــارك ــــــــــكم
Making Beautiful Mosaic Flower Pots I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 6:57 am by ام اري

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Making Beautiful Mosaic Flower Pots

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
دمعة قمر

دمعة قمر

Making Beautiful Mosaic Flower Pots Empty
PostSubject: Making Beautiful Mosaic Flower Pots   Making Beautiful Mosaic Flower Pots I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 7:04 am

Making Beautiful Mosaic Flower Pots 1656504_f496

How to Make Mosaic Tile Flower Pots
Step by Step Process

First make sure you have all of your materials

New terra cotta flower pots and saucers

Weldbond Adhesive - or Mod Podge – both are adhesives that will seal your pots
Making Beautiful Mosaic Flower Pots PACE3-1169393reg
(you can find this at a hardware store)

Grout – it comes in colors, but you can also add paint to the mix to create your own colors
Making Beautiful Mosaic Flower Pots Ultra_FineJoint_Grout_3KG

Multi-purpose ceramic tile adhesive (found at my hardware store)
Making Beautiful Mosaic Flower Pots 55984

Silicone grout sealer – to seal your final product
Making Beautiful Mosaic Flower Pots 457697_front200

Acrylic paint
Making Beautiful Mosaic Flower Pots 00727-group3ww-l

Fun stuff – You get to choose from an endless supply of free and purchased items! I love using broken dishes ; shells; rocks; mosaic tile; sea glass; and found objects. There are many excellent online sources for mosaic tile! My main advice is to have lots of fun and experiment – there is no right or wrong design!

Tools:

Hammer
Tile cutters (this may be optional for you)
Inexpensive paint brushes
Eye goggles – to use when hammering dishes, etc.
Paper masks – to use when mixing grout
Plastic mixing bowls and spoons
An old wooden spoon or stir stick for mixing grout
Paper Towels and rags for clean-up
Plastic gloves – the thin ones that fit you snugly and are disposable - one’s you can work with!
Newspaper etc. - to protect your working surfaces

Create a Space:
This is messy work, so be sure to have a large working surface that you have covered with protective, paper, plastic, or cloth (I use lots of newspaper spread out on a folding table in my backyard.

Step one Prepare your Pots:
Warning! Do not skip this step or, over time, water will seep into the grout and loosen your adhered objects. You can use an inexpensive large paint or gesso brush to apply the sealer – I use Weldbond or Mog Podge. Follow the instructions and let the surfaces dry accordingly.

Break out the fun stuff: Now you can start gluing on mosaic tile, broken dishes, shells, sea glass and interesting found objects, creating your designs as you go, or taking time to create something more planned out. Mix it up!

I prefer the former, and just start smashing dishes (remember to put on your goggles, and wrap your pottery in an old towel before smashing it!). Use an old palette knife or sometimes a plastic knife to put the ceramic tile adhesive on the items you want to glue. Then, place the pieces directly on the pot’s surface. Continue adding objects, and arranging them as you go – it takes a while for the adhesive to dry, so you have the freedom to move things around for a while. Once your piece is completed and you are satisfied with your arrangement, let the pieces dry for 24-hours before grouting!

Step 2: Grouting
The grout can be used as is, or you can add paint color after it’s mixed with water. Follow the directions when mixing your grout very carefully, and be sure to wear your paper mask. The dust from the dry grout is toxic to the system, and you do not want to inhale it. Once it is mixed, you are free to add paint to achieve the color you like.

Once the grout is ready to apply, put on your plastic gloves, and start to spread the gout over the mosaic tile on your the pot, making sure to go into all of the crevices carefully. When the grout has set according to the directions, you can take a clean rag, and wipe off the excess, leaving all of the areas to be filled in. Be sure to uncover any small pieces you have added to your design, and clean your tiles and pottery well. Make sure you work quickly to remove the grout before it hardens. Now, you just have to wait a couple of days for the grout to set before adding your final grout sealer.

Step 3: Spray with silicone grout sealer
It is advised to wait 2-3 weeks for the grout to properly dry before adding the final sealer.

Back to top Go down
AL_Sahed

AL_Sahed

PostSubject: Re: Making Beautiful Mosaic Flower Pots   Making Beautiful Mosaic Flower Pots I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 11:51 pm

شكرا على الموضوع ياوردة

تحياتي
Back to top Go down
ام اري

ام اري

PostSubject: Re: Making Beautiful Mosaic Flower Pots   Making Beautiful Mosaic Flower Pots I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 8:20 am

شكرا عالموضوع الجميل
و ليلتك ورد و فل
Back to top Go down
Stella

Stella

PostSubject: Re: Making Beautiful Mosaic Flower Pots   Making Beautiful Mosaic Flower Pots I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 8:00 pm

Thanks mom.

Stella
Back to top Go down
دمعة قمر

دمعة قمر

PostSubject: Re: Making Beautiful Mosaic Flower Pots   Making Beautiful Mosaic Flower Pots I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 1:55 pm

AL_Sahed wrote:
شكرا على الموضوع ياوردة

تحياتي

ميرسي عمو قهرنهايت

Back to top Go down
دمعة قمر

دمعة قمر

PostSubject: Re: Making Beautiful Mosaic Flower Pots   Making Beautiful Mosaic Flower Pots I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 1:56 pm

ام اري wrote:
شكرا عالموضوع الجميل
و ليلتك ورد و فل

نورتي حبوبة
صباحك ورد

Back to top Go down
دمعة قمر

دمعة قمر

PostSubject: Re: Making Beautiful Mosaic Flower Pots   Making Beautiful Mosaic Flower Pots I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 1:56 pm

Stella wrote:

Thanks mom.

Stella

شو رأيك تعمليلنا كم واحد يا بطة؟
نورتي بيبي

Back to top Go down
Marvy

Marvy

PostSubject: Re: Making Beautiful Mosaic Flower Pots   Making Beautiful Mosaic Flower Pots I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 5:29 am

Making Beautiful Mosaic Flower Pots 1I435905

Thanx for the topic sweety

ليلتك لافندر

تحياتي
Marvy

Back to top Go down

Making Beautiful Mosaic Flower Pots
Page 1 of 1