Humania هيـــومـــانيـــا
تسجيل الدخول
تسجيل الدخول
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Make a difference as a human, show what you got and amaze yourself and everyone!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
منتديات هيــومــانـيــــا "الهوس بالإنسانية" ترحب بكم وتدعوكم للرقي معنا بالإنسان .. أهلا وسهلا
Humania "human mania" forum welcomes and invites you to promote humanity with us .. Welcome aboard
مقدمة تشرح فكرة وأهداف منتديات هيومانيا في موضوع بقسم الاقتراحات .. تفضلوا بالتعرف إلينا
An introduction to humania, it's idea and goals are in a topic in the suggestions forum ... Feel free to get to know us
انضم معنا إلى أصدقاء هيومانيا على الفيس بوك
Latest topics
» دردشة 4
Meet a poet at Humania I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 11:45 pm by ام اري

» هلا بالغالي
Meet a poet at Humania I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 10:33 pm by ام اري

» لا تتسرع و اقلب الصفحة
Meet a poet at Humania I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 7:16 am by ام اري

» ترحيب ......
Meet a poet at Humania I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 8:44 pm by ام اري

» كوارث 2011
Meet a poet at Humania I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 7:21 am by ام اري

»  زرعنا في تراب الحلم ... حلم ويشبه العصفور
Meet a poet at Humania I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 7:17 am by ام اري

» اللي بعيد عن العين بعيد عن القلب
Meet a poet at Humania I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 7:01 am by ام اري

» عشـــــــــــــــــــــــــر أوراق متساقطة
Meet a poet at Humania I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 7:00 am by ام اري

» عيـــ مبــارك ــــــــــكم
Meet a poet at Humania I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 6:57 am by ام اري

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Meet a poet at Humania

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
دمعة قمر

دمعة قمر

Meet a poet at Humania Empty
PostSubject: Meet a poet at Humania   Meet a poet at Humania I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 8:11 pm

Meet a poet at Humania LvB53100

Hello one and all

This is where we will choose a poet to introduce in each post of the topic
Feel free to learn about these great poets and to add what you know about your favorite ones.

Without any further delay, let's get to mee
t

Edward Lear
1812 - 1888

Meet a poet at Humania Edward%20Lear%20by%20Willaim%20Holman%20Hunt

Edward Lear was born in Highgate, 12 May. He was the twentieth child of Jeremiah Lear and his wife Ann. Edward's upbringing was entrusted to his sister Ann, twenty-one years his senior, and Mrs Lear had nothing more to do with it. Young Edward certainly resented his mother's rejection, but found all the love he needed in Ann.

He was first attacked by what he called 'the Demon', epilepsy, when he was five or six, and a few years later 'the Morbids', sudden changes of mood with bouts of acute depression, began.
His early education was completely left to Ann and Sarah, another sister: beside the typical tuition books of the age they read to him classical tales and modern poetry (the Romantic poets), and taught him to draw, especially natural subjects.

Lear begins to earn his living as an artist

Walking tour in the Lake District, August-October. His eyesight and general health deteriorate.

Publication of Illustrated Excursions in Italy (2 vols.). Publication of first edition of A Book of Nonsense, using the pseudonym Derry Down Derry. Publication of Gleanings from the Menagerie and Aviary at Knowsley Hall. Gives a series of twelve drawing lessons to Queen Victoria. Returns to Rome, December.

Accepted as a probationer, January, and as a full student, April. First picture accepted by the Royal Academy. By November he is working on his own again.

Publication of the first of his musical settings of Tennyson's poems. Unable to cope any longer with the damp English weather, he leaves to spend the winter in Egypt, December

Publication of the second edition of A Book of Nonsense. Accompanies Lushington to Corfu for the winter. Spending most of his time alone, he becomes lonely and depressed.

Travels to Bethlehem, hebron, Petra, the Dead SEa, Jerusalem and Lebanon, March-June. Returns to England, August. Decides to winter in Rome.

To England, May. Begins work on large oil paintings of the Cedars of Lebanon and Masada at Oatlands Park Hotel, October.

His sister Ann becomes ill, and dies 11 March. Visits Florence, May-August. Cedars of Lebanon exhibited in Liverpool and receives favourable reviews, September. Returns to winter again in Corfu, November. Publication of third edition of A Book of Nonsense under his own name, December.

Visits Gaza and Jerusalem, then returns to England via Ravenna, June. Leaves to winter in Cannes, November. Writes the first of his Nonsense songs, The Owl and the Pussycat, December. The Cedars of Lebanon sold to Louisa, Lady Ashburton for £200, less than a third of its original price.

Decides to settle, and buys land in San Remo, March. Summer in Certosa del Pesio. Nonsense Songs, Stories, Botany and Alphabets published, December.

His last Nonsense book, Laughable Lyrics, published December.

Dies in San Remo, 29 January

Miss Orange

Last edited by دمعة قمر on Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:41 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
دمعة قمر

دمعة قمر

PostSubject: Re: Meet a poet at Humania   Meet a poet at Humania I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 8:29 pm

About Kenn Nesbitt
Meet a poet at Humania KennNesbitt

Kenn Nesbitt was born on February 20, 1962 in Berkeley, California. He grew up in Fresno and San Diego, California.

He talks about his poetry and I quote:"My first children's poem -- Scrawny Tawny Skinner -- was written in 1994 after having dinner with a friend whose 4-year-old daughter did everything she could to get out of eating her dinner. Shortly after that, I wrote two more poems, My Foot Fell Asleep and Binkley. During 1995 and 1996, I wrote about three or four poems a year (including You Can Never Be Too Careful and A Meloncholy Tale, whenever the mood struck me. (All of these poems, by the way, appear in the book My Foot Fell Asleep.)

In early 1997 I decided I would like to write an entire book of children's poems. In 1998, I published my first collection of poetry, entitled My Foot Fell Asleep. I published a sequel called I've Seen My Kitchen Sink in 1999 and a third book, Sailing Off to Singapore, in 2000. The Aliens Have Landed at Our School! was published. My first collection of poems about school, When the Teacher Isn't Looking: and Other Funny School Poems was published in 2005. In 2006 Meadowbrook also published a collection of Christmas poems I co-authored with Linda Knaus entitled Santa Got Stuck in the Chimney. My newest book is another collection of funny school poems entitled Revenge of the Lunch Ladies. My next book, My Hippo Has the Hiccups: And Other Poems I Totally Made Up is coming out in spring, 2009.

My poems have also appeared in magazines, school ****books, and numerous anthologies of funny poetry, as well as on television, audio CDs and even restaurant placemats.".

Miss Orange

Last edited by دمعة قمر on Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:41 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
دمعة قمر

دمعة قمر

PostSubject: Re: Meet a poet at Humania   Meet a poet at Humania I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 8:38 pm

Everyone knows Cat in the Hat
Meet a poet at Humania Ve3ydk2n6owtvkpltzuq

Many of us mistake Dr. Seuss for Cat in the Hat

This is Dr. Seuss
Meet a poet at Humania Vrdpb7ifybmx82e159pc

So yes, there is a Dr. Seuss
Let's get to know him

All About Dr. Seuss

"OH, THE PLACES YOU'LL GO!
THERE IS FUN TO BE DONE! THERE ARE
POINTS TO BE SCORED. THERE ARE GAMES TO BE WON."

Theodor Seuss Geisel, better known to the world as the beloved Dr. Seuss, was born in 1904 on Howard Street in Springfield, Massachusetts. Ted's father, Theodor Robert, and grandfather were brewmasters in the city. His mother, Henrietta Seuss Geisel, often soothed her children to sleep by "chanting" rhymes remembered from her youth. Ted credited his mother with both his ability and desire to create the rhymes for which he became so well known.

Although the Geisels enjoyed great financial success for many years, the onset of World War I and Prohibition presented both financial and social challenges for the German immigrants. Nonetheless, the family persevered and again prospered, providing Ted and his sister, Marnie, with happy childhoods.

The influence of Ted's memories of Springfield can be seen throughout his work. Drawings of Horton the Elephant meandering along streams in the Jungle of Nool, for example, mirror the watercourses in Springfield's Forest Park from the period. The fanciful truck driven by Sylvester McMonkey McBean in The Sneetches could well be the Knox tractor that young Ted saw on the streets of Springfield. In addition to its name, Ted's first children's book, And To Think That I Saw It On Mulberry Street, is filled with Springfield imagery, including a look-alike of Mayor Fordis Parker on the reviewing stand, and police officers riding red motorcycles, the traditional color of Springfield's famed Indian Motocycles.
Ted left Springfield as a teenager to attend Dartmouth College, where he became editor-in-chief of the Jack-O-Lantern, Dartmouth's humor magazine. Although his tenure as editor ended prematurely when Ted and his friends were caught throwing a drinking party, which was against the prohibition laws and school policy, he continued to contribute to the magazinesigning his work "Seuss." This is the first record of the "Seuss" pseudonym, which was both Ted's middle name and his mother's maiden name.

To please his father, who wanted him to be a college professor, Ted went on to Oxford University in England after graduation. However, his academic studies bored him, and he decided to tour Europe instead. Oxford did provide him the opportunity to meet a classmate, Helen Palmer, who not only became his first wife, but also a children's author and book editor.

After returning to the United States, Ted began to pursue a career as a cartoonist. The Saturday Evening Post and other publications published some of his early pieces, but the bulk of Ted's activity during his early career was devoted to creating advertising campaigns for Standard Oil, which he did for more than 15 years.
As World War II approached, Ted's focus shifted, and he began contributing weekly political cartoons to PM magazine, a liberal publication. Too old for the draft, but wanting to contribute to the war effort, Ted served with Frank Capra's Signal Corps (U.S. Army) making training movies. It was here that he was introduced to the art of animation and developed a series of animated training films featuring a trainee called Private Snafu.

While Ted was continuing to contribute to Life, Vanity Fair, Judge and other magazines, Viking Press offered him a contract to illustrate a collection of children's sayings called Boners. Although the book was not a commercial success, the illustrations received great reviews, providing Ted with his first "big break" into children's literature. Getting the first book that he both wrote and illustrated, And to Think That I Saw It on Mulberry Street, published, however, required a great degree of persistence - it was rejected 27 times before being published by Vanguard Press.

The Cat in the Hat, perhaps the defining book of Ted's career, developed as part of a unique joint venture between Houghton Mifflin (Vanguard Press) and Random House. Houghton Mifflin asked Ted to write and illustrate a children's primer using only 225 "new-reader" vocabulary words. Because he was under contract to Random House, Random House obtained the trade publication rights, and Houghton Mifflin kept the school rights. With the release of The Cat in the Hat, Ted became the definitive children's book author and illustrator.

After Ted's first wife died in 1967, Ted married an old friend, Audrey Stone Geisel, who not only influenced his later books, but now guards his legacy as the president of Dr. Seuss Enterprises.

At the time of his death on September 24, 1991, Ted had written and illustrated 44 children's books, including such all-time favorites as Green Eggs and Ham, Oh, the Places You'll Go, Fox in Socks, and How the Grinch Stole Christmas. His books had been translated into more than 15 languages. Over 200 million copies had found their way into homes and hearts around the world.

Besides the books, his works have provided the source for eleven children's television specials, a Broadway musical and a feature-length motion picture. Other major motion pictures are on the way.

His honors included two Academy awards, two Emmy awards, a Peabody award and the Pulitzer Prize.

Miss Orange
Back to top Go down
Marvy

Marvy

PostSubject: Re: Meet a poet at Humania   Meet a poet at Humania I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 8:21 pm

I liked this topic a lot

Very informative

Thanx Precious

Luv U

نهارك لافندر

تحياتي
Marvy

Back to top Go down
kako

kako

PostSubject: Re: Meet a poet at Humania   Meet a poet at Humania I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 6:56 am

Thanx for the information

about three immportant persons

ليلتك جوري

تحياتي

Back to top Go down

Meet a poet at Humania
Page 1 of 1