Humania هيـــومـــانيـــا
تسجيل الدخول
تسجيل الدخول
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Make a difference as a human, show what you got and amaze yourself and everyone!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
منتديات هيــومــانـيــــا "الهوس بالإنسانية" ترحب بكم وتدعوكم للرقي معنا بالإنسان .. أهلا وسهلا
Humania "human mania" forum welcomes and invites you to promote humanity with us .. Welcome aboard
مقدمة تشرح فكرة وأهداف منتديات هيومانيا في موضوع بقسم الاقتراحات .. تفضلوا بالتعرف إلينا
An introduction to humania, it's idea and goals are in a topic in the suggestions forum ... Feel free to get to know us
انضم معنا إلى أصدقاء هيومانيا على الفيس بوك
Latest topics
» دردشة 4
How Can I Deal With My Over Protective Mom? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 11:45 pm by ام اري

» هلا بالغالي
How Can I Deal With My Over Protective Mom? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 10:33 pm by ام اري

» لا تتسرع و اقلب الصفحة
How Can I Deal With My Over Protective Mom? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 7:16 am by ام اري

» ترحيب ......
How Can I Deal With My Over Protective Mom? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 8:44 pm by ام اري

» كوارث 2011
How Can I Deal With My Over Protective Mom? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 7:21 am by ام اري

»  زرعنا في تراب الحلم ... حلم ويشبه العصفور
How Can I Deal With My Over Protective Mom? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 7:17 am by ام اري

» اللي بعيد عن العين بعيد عن القلب
How Can I Deal With My Over Protective Mom? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 7:01 am by ام اري

» عشـــــــــــــــــــــــــر أوراق متساقطة
How Can I Deal With My Over Protective Mom? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 7:00 am by ام اري

» عيـــ مبــارك ــــــــــكم
How Can I Deal With My Over Protective Mom? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 6:57 am by ام اري

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

How Can I Deal With My Over Protective Mom?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
دمعة قمر

دمعة قمر

How Can I Deal With My Over Protective Mom? Empty
PostSubject: How Can I Deal With My Over Protective Mom?   How Can I Deal With My Over Protective Mom? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 5:16 am

?How Can I Deal With My Over Protective Mom
How Can I Deal With My Over Protective Mom? 14870

Q. How do I deal with my mum when she thinks I do drugs, drink and smoke even though I don't?

She's very overprotective - how should I deal with that as a teenager?

The funny thing about mums, and all parents really, is that they always want what is best for their children. Even when their children are teenagers many parents still find themselves worrying when they can't be there to watch over them, which in turn leads them to being overprotective. Of course the funny thing about teenagers is that they often feel suffocated by overprotective parents, but powerless to convince their parents that they really are just fine and can fend for themselves on issues like drink, drugs and cigarettes.

In your situation it might do a world of good to simply sit down with your mum and thank her for caring enough about you to worry. Then let her know that she is worrying needlessly because you aren't involved in risky activities like drinking, doing drugs and smoking. While you are discussing these issues really listen to what your mum has to say. She might bring up reasons why she has been suspicious, or things that you could do to help her realise that you are telling the truth. If you feel hurt and angry that she doesn't believe you, go ahead and say this. Clearing the air might help you both understand the other a little bit better and arrive at conclusions that you both feel comfortable with.

If you and your mum can not reach these conclusions then you might suggest having someone else become involved in your discussions. Asking your dad to sit in, or another relative, or even someone like one of your teachers or coaches, will let your mother know that you are serious about this subject and don't want to continue feeling that she does not trust you and/or is being overprotective. However, you should recognise that you will probably have to compromise on some things so don't expect to be able to dictate to your mother how you'd like the future to be and expect her to go along with it without question!

Finally, you might also consider asking your friends how they deal with overprotective parents. It might be that there is something specific to your school or neighbourhood that is making parents feel worried about their teenagers. The more you can understand your environment the more you can figure out how to prove to your mum that you are safe within it. Try to remember that this is the core of the issue - your mum just wants you to be safe. If you can keep that in mind chances are you can get through this just fine.
Back to top Go down
Marvy

Marvy

PostSubject: Re: How Can I Deal With My Over Protective Mom?   How Can I Deal With My Over Protective Mom? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 1:06 pm

We have to raise them well

Give them Advices

Keep in Touch with them always

Be friends with them

Give them Trust

And we gotta to let go every once and while , just to let them learn
how to earn our trust

%%%

Thanx for the Topic My Precious

Have a Lovely Morning
NOOR
Back to top Go down
دمعة قمر

دمعة قمر

PostSubject: Re: How Can I Deal With My Over Protective Mom?   How Can I Deal With My Over Protective Mom? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 9:45 pm

Marvy wrote:

We have to raise them well

Give them Advices

Keep in Touch with them always

Be friends with them

Give them Trust

And we gotta to let go every once and while , just to let them learn
how to earn our trust

%%%

Thanx for the Topic My Precious

Have a Lovely Morning
NOOR

Well said my dear
and just pray they will turn out fine!
May Allah bless you and your siblings
Back to top Go down
Stella

Stella

PostSubject: Re: How Can I Deal With My Over Protective Mom?   How Can I Deal With My Over Protective Mom? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 11:49 pm

Yes.. How do I get rid of my overprotective
mother?! I'll tell you how..
I will make a new potion to kill
mother worry..
I will call it..
[ KILLMOTHERWORRY ]
Think it will work sexy stuff?

Ledol Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
دمعة قمر

دمعة قمر

PostSubject: Re: How Can I Deal With My Over Protective Mom?   How Can I Deal With My Over Protective Mom? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 1:51 am

don't think any potion would do it
you don't realize the size of responsibility a child is to his parents
And really you don't have know right now .. there'll be a time when you yourselves will carry the same burden
Until then however, try to make it easier and more fun to parent you

I'm of course speaking in general here

Thank you so much for your reading Ledol
Back to top Go down
AL_Sahed

AL_Sahed

PostSubject: Re: How Can I Deal With My Over Protective Mom?   How Can I Deal With My Over Protective Mom? I_icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 11:44 am

Thanx alot Damo3ah

اطروحات جيده لحل هالمشكله

شكرا دمعه
Back to top Go down
Sinbad 88

Sinbad 88

PostSubject: Re: How Can I Deal With My Over Protective Mom?   How Can I Deal With My Over Protective Mom? I_icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 6:59 pm

شكرا على الموضوع

مع تحيات
Sinbad
Back to top Go down

How Can I Deal With My Over Protective Mom?
Page 1 of 1